Long-term energy scenarios network
Contact usSend a message
View the Presentations and Recordings of the 4th International LTES Forum
IRENA’s Long-term Energy Scenarios (LTES) Network provides a global platform to exchange knowledge and good practices in the use and development of model-based long-term energy scenarios (LTES) to guide the clean energy transition. It aims to promote wider and more effective use of LTES in government for energy and climate policy-making.
Key stakeholders involved in the LTES Network are:
- Scenario users within government planning teams and policy-making institutions.
- Scenario developers within government modelling teams or technical institutions supporting government.
The LTES Network focuses and aims to benefit members in the institutional aspects around three areas:
The LTES Network is built on the “Long-Term Energy Scenarios for the Clean Energy Transition Initiative” - a time-bound Initiative that IRENA has run since 2018 under the umbrella of the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM).
Members of the LTES Network are given the opportunity to engage with the IRENA’s programmatic activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Workshops & Events
- Regional webinars:
- Members and partners webinars:
- Scenarios for the Energy Transition: Experience and Good Practices in Latin America and the Caribbean (July 2022)
- Benchmarking Scenario Comparison: Key indicators for the clean energy transition (September 2021)
- Scenarios for the Energy Transition: Global experience and best practices (September 2020)
- Long-term energy scenarios: First-year campaign findings (May 2019)
Joining the network
Formal membership in the LTES Network is free of charge and open to both government institutions responsible for the development of official scenarios, as well as technical institutions that support governments in the development and use of such scenarios.
Please refer to the Terms of Reference to learn about the LTES Network's context, strategic objectives, activities and membership criteria.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com.
Members of the LTES Network
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Technical partners of the LTES Network
The Energy Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ERI RAS)
Joint Institute for Strategic Energy Analysis (JISEA) at NREL
World Resources Institute
Ricerca Sistema Energetico (RSE)
World Energy Council
International Energy Agency (IEA)
China National Renewable Energy Centre (CNREC)
European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC)
State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC)
IEA ETSAP Technology Collaboration Programme
IRENA Insights - Scenarios for the Energy Transition: Global experience and best practices
Past EventsView more
21-23 September 2022 Pittsburgh, US
IRENA at the Global Clean Energy Action Forum (CEM13/MI-7)
30 November 2021-7 December 2021 Virtual
2nd Webinar Series on National Experience in Long-Term Energy Scenario Use and Development