Bioenergy for Sustainable Development - Thematic Meeting at Eighth IRENA Assembly
Key international organisations that promote the sustainable use of bioenergy presented their activities and discussed opportunities for collaboration going forward. Participating organisations included IRENA, Global Bioenergy Partnership, IEA Bioenergy, ICRAF, World Agroforestry Center, Biofuture Platform, World Bioenergy Association, Alternative Renewable Transport Fuels Forum, Sustainable Development for All Bioenergy Accelerator and below50.
Particular interest was expressed in collaboration on public outreach to explain sustainable bioenergy potential, on understanding technologies for advanced liquid biofuels, and on effective bioenergy scale-up policies.
Bioenergy for Sustainable Development, joint IRENA, IEA Bioenergy, FAO paper.
IRENA Work on Bioenergy for Sustainable Development: Accomplishments and Findings 2014-2017
Proposed IRENA work on bioenergy 2018-19
- Bioenergy for Sustainable Development — Jeffrey Skeer, Senior Programme Officer, IRENA
- The Global Bioenergy Partnership and its contribution to the sustainable development of bioenergy — Maria Michela Morese, Executive Secretary, GBEP – Global Bioenergy Partnership
- Bioenergy and Water Nexus — Kees Kwant, Executive Committee Chair, IEA Bioenergy
- Evergreen Agriculture Partnership: Success Stories of Food and Fuel Together — Craig Jamieson, ICRAF – World Agroforestry Centre
- Joining hands to scale up: The Biofuture Platform target sand actions and IRENA's work on bioenergy — Luiz Barroso, President, Brazil Energy Planning Agency
- Global Bioenergy Development: Success Stories, Challenges and Tools to Scale Up — Remigijus Lapinskas, President, World Bioenergy Association
- Alternative and Renewable Transport Fuels Forum (policy and market issues) — Theodor Goumas, Project Manager, Alternative Renewable Transport Fuels Forum
- Creating Bioenergy Markets and the Africa Biomass Data Challenge — Gerard J Ostheimer, Bioenergy Accelerator Lead, Sustainable Energy for All